Nothing in life is easy, and just about everything in your life requires maintenance, similar to your car needing routine checkups, cleanings, etc. The same is required for your smile. Without routine maintenance, just like your car, your teeth will begin to break down and not perform as they should. So, we have listed some helpful tips that you can do at home to help to keep your smile performing the way it was intended to be for a lifetime.
- The Brushing
- Brushing your teeth is something that you are taught to do at an early age and something that will be told to you until your days are over. Brushing will help prevent tooth decay, cavities, and many other issues. Try to brush your teeth after each meal, and at sure brush them before bed.
- The Flossing
- Flossing is just as important as brushing. Also like brushing, make sure to floss after each meal. Many of the floss containers are small enough to keep in your pocket, and you can quickly floss after a meal on the run.
- The Mouthwash
- Another vital step in maintaining excellent oral hygiene as mouthwash will not only have your breath smelling fresh, but it will also rinse away food or debris that has been missed after brushing and flossing.
- The Tongue
- Do not forget your tongue. There are several places that bacteria can hide and grow on your tongue. Try using a tongue scraper as this will make sure that all bacteria are removed from your tongue. A tongue scraper is very inexpensive and can be purchased from any local grocery or pharmacy.
- The Office
- Routine visits to our office are crucial in you’re the pursuit of perfection in regards to your smile! Dr. Izadi will be able to locate concerns before they become a serious dental concern or risk. Not to mention that we will be able to provide you with professional cleaning. We recommend that you pay us a visit at least twice per year!
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Learn new and innovative ways to keep your smile looking and performing at its best for a lifetime by contacting our office at (410) 919-9806 or request a consultation online, and we will respond to you personally.